2018 Omega Field Day
What's in store for this year's Field Day:
1. Bearded Kilt Forge will be back this year, forging, talking -- teaching, really -- by example....impressing us with his high level skills. Since last year, Music has had a spread in Blade magazine and has been invited to international blacksmith events. We're lucky to have him here in Dayton. Come see him work and get one of his knives (IF he even has any to sell) before you can't afford them.
2. Steve Southard, leader of 3rd Millennium Survival, will again be teaching numerous survival skills he regularly teaches during his classes. His presentation will be on disasters, how they happen and FEMA recommendations and context of said recommendations.
3. David Storm will also be back. David will be doing lock picking demonstrations throughout the day, ready to answer your questions about lockpicking. He'll also be giving a presentation on Edible Ohio Plants this year!
4. Mike "The Knife" Ruppert will do a quick draw knife demonstration this year! He'll also be sharpening your blades this day, small to large, you'll get an edge like you've never seen at a reasonable price. Mike doesn't mind sharing his valueable advice on sharpening either, so be sure to bring your dull edges.
Survival Flea Market. It'll be a "trade blanket" day for survival related items, military surplus and anything in between. YOU can bring your own items. There is no set up fee, nor "cut" for the shop. It's just a chance for you to sell some of your own items and peruse the treasures of others of like mind. First come, first serve on space. Traders are limited to a 10' by 10' area or smaller.General Demonstrations & Advice. We'll have all hands on deck this day, with many of the store "fixtures" like Shredder Steve, Warrior Juan, Alex "The Machine Gun" Kaminski, Medic Greg, and Josh "Old Man" Pennington -- even "THE Chris" will be here! These guys will be showing off the equipment of the shop, doing their own demos outside throughout the day and answering your questions.
RAFFLE RAFFLE RAFFLE
Last year we raffled off one of Bearded Kilt Forge's one-of-a-kind kukri machetes, which was won by Ezra Blue. We will raffle a GoSun Go! solar stove -- it's a $150 value -- tickets will be just $1 each and you don't have to be here to win, but you DO have to be here to buy the ticket(s). We'll announce the winner at 3pm.
Set the date on your phone's calendar now. You don't want to miss this bigger, better Field Day. You won't find a better place to discuss preparedness than Omega. . .and this day will be a magnification of that standard. A great time!
See you there!
SHOP IS OPEN AS USUAL -- Mention this and get 10% off Store-Wide TODAY ONLY (not applicable with other discounts).===================================
A look at last year's event, which was a blast and very successful:
It all took place Saturday, November 11th, 2017, a day of learning demonstrations by local area experts in several fields. We worked hard to deliver activities for the day.
1. Bearded Kilt Forge forged swords all day long, 10am to 4pm. Great chance to see a real craftsman at work. Talked shop, learned the ins and outs and how you might get started in forging for yourself.
2. David Storm, long time instructor at Omega and all around adventurer of many moons and places, leader of a private outfitter in Zanesville, Ohio, did several demonstrations throughout the day including primitive fire making, how to use the bull whip. . .and perhaps another interesting tool -- we'll see.
3. Steve Southard, leader of 3rd Millennium Survival, will be taught a Viking method of navigation and time-telling by the sun, as well as how to create make-shift water filters which can produce potable water in the field using common materials.
Primitive Survival teaches the survival skills of fire making, shelter building and water and food procurement, visit link above for details of our workshops, 937-604-6028.
4. Mike Ruppert was on hand to make your knives as sharp as sharp can be. You know him and love him -- come for the sharpening, bring your blade...stay for the stories and the rest of the day's activities!
5. Dayton's own Patriot Pin Ups chapter were here from noon to 2pm, representing their awesome veterans' charity group. They'll have some interesting wares to purchase, probably a story or two and you can read more about them here.
6. Got your Baofeng UV-5R radio programmed FREE of charge starting first thing at 10am only until Noon. Doesn't take long. Ask Juan or Alex, our resident commo (not commie) advisors your Amateur Radio questions while you're here!
7. The 2017 Omega Christmas Canned Good Drive will have started as well, so bring a canned good, just ONE, and you'll be entered to win a $50 Omega Gift Card!
The day started at 10am and ran until the shop closed at 4pm.